Print preview Close

Showing 4952 results

Archivistische beschrijving
3385 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
UR-005 · Archief · 1949-2018

The Facilities Management fonds contains records produced by the Facilities Management department of Mount Saint Vincent University. These records document the department’s various activities on the campus.

Presently, the fonds contains three series.
The first series contains records relating to the university grounds which encompasses nearly 38 acres of land. Types of records in this series include information on the Sister Lua Arboretum, the Mount’s fitness trail (Freda Wales Walking Trail), donations for memorial benches, trees and plants located on campus, and tree and plant care for the campus, including details on pesticide and fertilization activities. The records also include articles and reports detailing grounds maintenance, as well as records relating to the history and design of the MSVU grounds. Finally, important documentation and policies relating to safety are also included. A select number of born-digital files are also part of this series. Please contact an Archivist for more information about the scope and content of these digital files.

The second series contains original architectural plans for a number of buildings at the university, including Evaristus Hall, Seton Academic Centre (referred to as the Academic Building in the architectural plans), E. Margaret Fulton Communications Centre, Rosaria Student Centre, and the Motherhouse as well as other proposed buildings for MSVU campus. Various copies of architectural plans are available and show different designs.

The third series consists of photographs of MSVU campus.

Further accruals for this fonds are anticipated.

Zonder titel
Architectural Plans
UR-005-2 · Reeks · 1949-1989
Part of MSVU Facilities Management fonds

Series consists of architectural plans for various construction and renovation projects at Mount Saint Vincent University from 1949-1989. The series contains technical and architectural drawings, including site plans, plot plans, floor plans, section details, elevation drawings and architectural sketches. Certain files include notes or letters describing the contents of the drawings.

This series is divided into 12 subseries according to architectural projects. These include:

  1. Evaristus Hall (1949-1974)
  2. Berchman’s Hall (1960-1964)
  3. Academic Building (1966-1972)
  4. Student Union Building (1960)
  5. Lourd’s Building (1963)
  6. E. Margaret Fulton Communications Centre (1987-1989)
  7. City of Halifax road plans (1971-1973)
  8. Motherhouse Building (1957-1973)
  9. Rosaria Student Centre (1965-1972)
  10. Proposed set of buildings facing Bedford Highway [1967?]
  11. Student housing plan [19--?]
  12. Child Study Centre playground [19--?]
Zonder titel
UR-026 · Archief · 1966-2020

Fonds consists of records pertaining to the Mount Saint Vincent University Art Gallery, including annual reports (1969-2003), biennial reports (1988), and administrative and promotional material from its opening (1966-1970). Fonds also consists of records related to events and exhibitions at the Gallery, including catalogues, publications, and promotional brochures and posters published by the Gallery (1970-2020), calendars of events and programs (1972-1978), and correspondence between the Gallery and artists regarding their art and exhibitions (1968-1971).

Fonds also contains scrapbooks with newspaper clippings related to the Gallery (1972-1976), a scrapbook with photographs of Gallery programming, and visitor sign-in books (1971-1974).

Zonder titel
PR-031 · Collectie · 1964, 1974-2006

Collection consists of posters and pinback buttons accrued by peace activist Betty Peterson. Materials mainly pertain to protests, speaking events, organizations, and film screenings for social justice causes including nuclear disarmament, environmental conservation, Indigenous activism, women’s rights, and anti-war movements. Collection includes the shirt Betty Peterson wore to a nuclear disarmament rally in New York City in 1982 with buttons attached to it, as well as a cloth banner with the words "Voice of Women Canada" sewn on it, also with buttons attached.

Some materials pertain to the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), and collection also contains various posters of paintings and art calendars. Collection is organized into two series: posters and buttons.

Zonder titel
UR-025 · Collectie · 1886-2006

Collection consists of artifacts donated by Mount Saint Vincent University and MSVU alumni, including medals and pendants awarded to graduates (1886-1940), souvenir pins for the Mount's 60th anniversary (1985), various Mount Scholar pins and MSVU lapel pins, medals from the Sodality Club, patches and stamps of the Mount Saint Vincent crest and coat of arms, Mount Saint Vincent College song lyrics, a Bachelor of Arts hood from the first commencement (1929), a leaf from the laurel crowns worn by graduates (1939), MSVU banners, and other Mount Saint Vincent ephemera including the papal flag, plaques awarded to Dr. Naomi Hersom, and commemorative items from building openings including keys, ribbons, plaques, trowels, and posters.

Collection includes plaques from the original Evaristus Chapel and items that were formerly housed in the MacDonald Collection room, including bookends, a Shakespeare bust, and various decorative boxes and cups.

Collection also consists of items donated by the Alumnae Association, including the Alumnae news letterhead, Director’s gavel, Alumnae weekend trophy (1994), Shine-rama t-shirt, and Alumnae Association pins, as well as items donated by the Sisters of Charity, including the School of Music seal stamp, an Infant of Prague statue, and a vase painted by Fide de Bedia who was an alumnae of Mount Saint Vincent Academy (1905-1909).

Box UR-025-005 also contains textual records and correspondence regarding the Mount Saint Vincent crest, coat of arms, and seal, as well as notes on the MSVU mace, and pocket calendars with directions of the College Mistress (Warden) regarding student activities (1950s).

Shakespeare bust
UR-025-017-01 · Stuk · [19--?]
Part of Mount Saint Vincent University Artifact collection

Shakespeare bust, stamped ‘W. H. Goss’ on the verso. Reads ‘copied from the monument erected by Shakespeare’s family in the church at Stratford-on-Avon.’ Previously in MacDonald Collection room.