Showing 292 results

Authority record

Mount Saint Vincent University. Senate. (Halifax, N.S.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1966-

The Senate of Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, was created in 1966 when Mount Saint Vincent College became Mount Saint Vincent University under Bill 85, granting the University a Charter. Some of the Committees that are now standing committees of Senate do predate Senate, such as the Student Affairs Committee and the Committee on Academic Policy and Planning. The Senate is responsible for the academic policy of the University and regulates the academic programs of the University. The size and membership of the Senate, and the terms of office of its members, are determined by the by-laws of the Senate, subject to Section 8 of the University Charter. Voting members are the President; the Academic Vice-president of the University; the Administrative Vice-president of the University; the Deans; the University Librarian; the Registrar; faculty members elected by the faculty; students elected by the students and such other persons as the Senate from time to time determines. The Chair of Senate is the University President. Senate meets on the last Monday of each month throughout the University session. These meetings are generally open to the University community, subject to limitations including special considerations of confidentiality. All Senate standing and ad-hoc committees report directly to Senate.

Mount Saint Vincent University. Department of Nutrition. (Halifax, N.S.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1927-1999

The Public Affairs was previously known as the Public Relations Office, University Relations, the Communications Office and the Information Office. Their mandate is to build relationships with our many "publics including government, potential students and their families, alumnae, donors and partners, and the general public

Mount Saint Vincent University. Department of Office Administration

  • Corporate body
  • 1925

In 1925 a Bachelor of Secretarial Science, which later became, a Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Studies was offered at Mount Saint Vincent College in the “commercial department” and later the business department. The program offered a variety of subject courses as well as secretarial courses. In the 1950s, the business department became a separate unit and courses became less broad and more business orientated. In 1958, two-year diploma programs were introduced in Secretarial Science and Medical Secretarial Science. The Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Studies was phased out in 1966 and replaced with a new degree called the Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics. In 1971 the Bachelor of Business Administration was introduced and in 1972, men were admitted for the first time as part-time students into the program. In 1973, the diploma in Secretarial Studies changed to an Executive Secretarial Diploma and a new diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies was offered. In 1976 the Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics, which had been phased out in 1972, was replaced with the Bachelor of Secretarial Arts degree. In 1977 the Business Administration Department and the Secretarial Department separated, however students in the Secretarial program continued to take Business Administration courses. In 1988 the Secretarial Department became the Office Administration Department. That same year the Executive Secretarial Diploma changed to the Diploma in Office Administration: Executive, the Legal Secretarial Diploma became the Diploma in Office Administration: Legal and the Medical Secretarial Diploma became the Diploma in Office Administration: Medical. In 1992 a new degree was developed called the Bachelor of Applied Arts (Information Management). It was the first of its kind in Atlantic Canada and it offered classes in arts, business and information management. The title changed again in 1999 to a Bachelor of Applied Arts in Information Technology, as it is known today. Sister Mary Assisium was in charge of the Secretarial Studies department from 1925 to 1945, followed by Sister Katherine Meagher in 1950. Other known department heads were Sister Anne Fintan (1964-5), Sister Marion Power (1967), Sister Brenda Helton (1970s) and Jean Mills (1990s).

Results 11 to 20 of 292